Skip to main content

Cate Blanchett named first global ambassador of Giorgio Armani Beauty

Cate Blanchett has been named as Giorgio Armani Beauty’s first global ambassador.
The Australian actress has worked with the Italian brand since 2013, when she was selected to front its Si fragrance line.
However, her role has now been expanded, and she will now represent every single one of Armani’sbeauty categories, including skincare and make-up.
And according to the label’s namesake designer, Giorgio Armani, the Oscar winner is the perfect woman to take on the additional responsibilities.
“Luminous and sophisticated, her natural elegance and distinguished beauty are striking,” the 83-year-old declared in a statement. “I am pleased to deepen our longstanding relationship.”
Cate has enjoyed a lengthy professional relationship with the brand, and as well as advertising its iconic perfume, she has worn gowns by Armani to numerous high-profile events, including several Academy Award ceremonies.
The 49-year-old previously confessed that her love for the brand ties in with her own professional success.
“With my very first pay cheque as an actress, I bought an Armani suit, and I still have it and love it,” she gushed to Elle South Africa in 2014. “Mr. Armani has created an ever-evolving, ever-expanding, all-encompassing universe. It’s about the way you live your life and who you are as much as how you look.”
The Carol star also added that the emotions evoked by Si were a key reason for her partnership with Giorgio Armani Beauty.
“For me, fragrance contains memory, the scent of your mother, your friends… I think fragrance is a really subtle but important way in which women express themselves and express who they aspire to be,” she previously explained to WWD. “This fragrance is very chic, timeless with a freshness and warmth I find inspiring.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emma Thompson: I was always paid less than my male counterparts

Emma Thompson says she was always paid less than her male colleagues. The 59-year-old actor-writer said women are still treated as “second-class citizens”. She also advocated to publish salaries to reveal the gender pay gap. “I was always paid less than my male counterparts. Publishing figures is the first step. “It’s a forensic way of looking at how women are second-class citizens, and I appreciate that because it’s not emotional. This is the fact: this person does the same work for less money, and that’s just wrong,” Thompson told Good Housekeeping magazine. Play Video 42s Hamleys unveil Harry Potter-themed floor Hamleys toy shop on Regent Street in London unveils a new Harry Potter floor showcasing toys inspired by JK Rowling's books and films. The Oscar-winning star urged women to be financially independent. “Earn your own living and keep your own money. It’s your cash and you should always decide what to do with it,” she said. Emma Tho...

Dhadak review: There is no ‘dhak dhak’ in this Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter starrer

Dhadak movie cast:  Ishaan Khatter, Janhvi Kapoor, Ashutosh Rana, Kharaj Mukherjee, Aditya Kumar Dhadak movie director:  Shashank Khaitan Dhadak movie rating:  One and a half stars Remaking Sairat for mainstream Bollywood was always going to be a tough ask. The edges of that searing 2016 tale of love-in-the-time-of-caste were necessarily going to have to be blunted and softened, because too much ‘realism’ is hard for us to handle. There isn’t a filmmaker working in India who can match Sairat director Nagraj Manjule’s appetite for recreating raw slap-in-the-face directness for the screen: the only one who can match him is Sanal Sashidharan, and neither of them work, for obvious reasons, in Bollywood, where dirt needs to be proffered up in pretty ribbons. What I was expecting from this  Karan Johar  production, I got– a polish-up-the-muck aesthetic to make it palatable for mainstream audiences. What I didn’t get, was feeling. That sense of playfulness ...