Skip to main content

Aamir Khan on Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak: Was convinced my work won’t be appreciated much

Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak gave a blockbuster launchpad to Aamir Khan but the superstar reveals that he was critical of his work in the film and unhappy with his performance. The romantic-drama, released on April 29, 1988, was a modern-day take on the classic tragic love story Romeo and Juliet. The film featured Khan and Juhi Chawla and went on to become one of the biggest hits.

To celebrate the film’s 30 years, a special screening was held last night where Khan, along with director Mansoor Khan, music duo Anand Milind and other cast and crew were present.
“When I see my work I don’t like it. I feel it could’ve been much better. Especially in this film, I loved Juhi’s work. She was bang on, fantastic, natural. I was very raw. Some scenes I did ok, some I didn’t and fumbled,” Khan said at the event.
The Dangal star quipped he is ready to “reshoot” the film because he does not consider his performance good in it. “I was convinced, when the film releases, people will love Juhi and my work won’t be appreciated much because I also didn’t like my work. I was very unhappy with my work, I still am. But people liked it! May be I was fortunate,” he said.
Dalip Tahil, who played Chawla’s elder brother in the film, recalled how he said yes to the movie almost immediately when producer-filmmaker Nasir Hussain narrated the script to him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cate Blanchett named first global ambassador of Giorgio Armani Beauty

Cate Blanchett  has been named as  Giorgio Armani Beauty’s  first global ambassador. The Australian actress has worked with the Italian brand since 2013, when she was selected to front its Si fragrance line. However, her role has now been expanded, and she will now represent every single one of  Armani’s beauty categories, including skincare and make-up. And according to the label’s namesake designer,  Giorgio Armani , the Oscar winner is the perfect woman to take on the additional responsibilities. “Luminous and sophisticated, her natural elegance and distinguished beauty are striking,” the 83-year-old declared in a statement. “I am pleased to deepen our longstanding relationship.” Cate  has enjoyed a lengthy professional relationship with the brand, and as well as advertising its iconic perfume, she has worn gowns by Armani to numerous high-profile events, including several Academy Award ceremonies. The 49-year-old previously confessed tha...

Emma Thompson: I was always paid less than my male counterparts

Emma Thompson says she was always paid less than her male colleagues. The 59-year-old actor-writer said women are still treated as “second-class citizens”. She also advocated to publish salaries to reveal the gender pay gap. “I was always paid less than my male counterparts. Publishing figures is the first step. “It’s a forensic way of looking at how women are second-class citizens, and I appreciate that because it’s not emotional. This is the fact: this person does the same work for less money, and that’s just wrong,” Thompson told Good Housekeeping magazine. Play Video 42s Hamleys unveil Harry Potter-themed floor Hamleys toy shop on Regent Street in London unveils a new Harry Potter floor showcasing toys inspired by JK Rowling's books and films. The Oscar-winning star urged women to be financially independent. “Earn your own living and keep your own money. It’s your cash and you should always decide what to do with it,” she said. Emma Tho...

Dhadak review: There is no ‘dhak dhak’ in this Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter starrer

Dhadak movie cast:  Ishaan Khatter, Janhvi Kapoor, Ashutosh Rana, Kharaj Mukherjee, Aditya Kumar Dhadak movie director:  Shashank Khaitan Dhadak movie rating:  One and a half stars Remaking Sairat for mainstream Bollywood was always going to be a tough ask. The edges of that searing 2016 tale of love-in-the-time-of-caste were necessarily going to have to be blunted and softened, because too much ‘realism’ is hard for us to handle. There isn’t a filmmaker working in India who can match Sairat director Nagraj Manjule’s appetite for recreating raw slap-in-the-face directness for the screen: the only one who can match him is Sanal Sashidharan, and neither of them work, for obvious reasons, in Bollywood, where dirt needs to be proffered up in pretty ribbons. What I was expecting from this  Karan Johar  production, I got– a polish-up-the-muck aesthetic to make it palatable for mainstream audiences. What I didn’t get, was feeling. That sense of playfulness ...