Skip to main content

Anne Hathaway bombarded Meryl Streep with ‘culture’ on The Devil Wears Prada set

wenn_annehathaway_052518
Anne Hathaway tried very hard to give Meryl Streep “culture” when making small talk during filming.
The two Oscar winners teamed up together in The Devil Wears Prada, and though the 68-year-old was far friendlier than her scary character, Anne was nervous about chatting with one of her Hollywoodidols, and the conversation soon adopted a pattern while in a car between takes.
“I had to impress her and ‘I’m like Meryl’s culture and I’m going to be culture,” she recalled when she appeared as a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert Thursday night (24May18). “I was like ‘Meryl have you ever heard the Nick Drake album Pink Moon? (Meryl said) ‘No Annie I haven’t heard it,’ and I’m like “oh i could burn you a copy if you want.'”
The same conversation then took place with The Princess Diaries star offering up a book by Jeffrey Eugenides instead, but things proceeded to take a very awkward turn.
“‘Meryl, by any chance did you see The Daily Show with Jon Stewart last night. He is just so brilliant, I think that he is saving America.’ Dead silence,” the 35-year-old grimaced. “I have anxiety and being met with silence is like being thrown into a demonic pit, it’s so bad. So I’m sitting there thinking my life was over then finally she goes “no, i don’t think Jon Stewart is going to save America. I think Steven Colbertis!'”
Naturally the 54-year-old chat show host was very pleased to hear how Anne’s story ended.
Luckily, the Les Miserables star is no longer intimidated by A-listers, and stars as a diva-like Hollywood actress in the female-fronted Ocean’s 8 alongside the likes of Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett and Rihanna.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cate Blanchett named first global ambassador of Giorgio Armani Beauty

Cate Blanchett  has been named as  Giorgio Armani Beauty’s  first global ambassador. The Australian actress has worked with the Italian brand since 2013, when she was selected to front its Si fragrance line. However, her role has now been expanded, and she will now represent every single one of  Armani’s beauty categories, including skincare and make-up. And according to the label’s namesake designer,  Giorgio Armani , the Oscar winner is the perfect woman to take on the additional responsibilities. “Luminous and sophisticated, her natural elegance and distinguished beauty are striking,” the 83-year-old declared in a statement. “I am pleased to deepen our longstanding relationship.” Cate  has enjoyed a lengthy professional relationship with the brand, and as well as advertising its iconic perfume, she has worn gowns by Armani to numerous high-profile events, including several Academy Award ceremonies. The 49-year-old previously confessed tha...

Emma Thompson: I was always paid less than my male counterparts

Emma Thompson says she was always paid less than her male colleagues. The 59-year-old actor-writer said women are still treated as “second-class citizens”. She also advocated to publish salaries to reveal the gender pay gap. “I was always paid less than my male counterparts. Publishing figures is the first step. “It’s a forensic way of looking at how women are second-class citizens, and I appreciate that because it’s not emotional. This is the fact: this person does the same work for less money, and that’s just wrong,” Thompson told Good Housekeeping magazine. Play Video 42s Hamleys unveil Harry Potter-themed floor Hamleys toy shop on Regent Street in London unveils a new Harry Potter floor showcasing toys inspired by JK Rowling's books and films. The Oscar-winning star urged women to be financially independent. “Earn your own living and keep your own money. It’s your cash and you should always decide what to do with it,” she said. Emma Tho...

Dhadak review: There is no ‘dhak dhak’ in this Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter starrer

Dhadak movie cast:  Ishaan Khatter, Janhvi Kapoor, Ashutosh Rana, Kharaj Mukherjee, Aditya Kumar Dhadak movie director:  Shashank Khaitan Dhadak movie rating:  One and a half stars Remaking Sairat for mainstream Bollywood was always going to be a tough ask. The edges of that searing 2016 tale of love-in-the-time-of-caste were necessarily going to have to be blunted and softened, because too much ‘realism’ is hard for us to handle. There isn’t a filmmaker working in India who can match Sairat director Nagraj Manjule’s appetite for recreating raw slap-in-the-face directness for the screen: the only one who can match him is Sanal Sashidharan, and neither of them work, for obvious reasons, in Bollywood, where dirt needs to be proffered up in pretty ribbons. What I was expecting from this  Karan Johar  production, I got– a polish-up-the-muck aesthetic to make it palatable for mainstream audiences. What I didn’t get, was feeling. That sense of playfulness ...