Skip to main content

Anil Kapoor shares a heartfelt post on completing 35 years in cinema

anil kapoor photo
Race 3 star Anil Kapoor has been associated with the word ‘veteran’ for a while now, and not for nothing. Today, the actor is celebrating completing 35 long and fruitful years in the film industry. Anil, who has another reason to celebrate, thanks to the success of Race 3, tweeted about his golden years of cinema today.
His tweet read, “What a journey it has been! So many characters, so many opportunities to grow and all the endless memories. I don’t really remember the life I had before I entered the movies because I truly started living on the silver screen…Blessed to be living my dream! #35yearsandCounting.”
The actor shared the heartfelt post with an infographic that represents all the popular and successful movies he has been associated with over the years. Anil’s first film was as a young Shashi Kapoor in 1971 in the movie Tu Payal Mein Geet, but the movie was never released. Later, in 1979, Anil had a cameo appearance in the film Humare Tumhare but his first role as a leading man was in the film Woh Saat Din. Anil is primarily known for his work in the films Mr India, Tezaab, Lamhe, 1942: A Love Story, Nayak, Taal, Slumdog Millionaire, and Dil Dhadkne Do.
What a journey it has been! So many characters, so many opportunities to grow and all the endless memories. I don’t really remember the life I had before I entered the movies because I truly started living on the silver screen...Blessed to be living my dream!
The year 2018 has turned out quite well for the star, as he has not only tasted success as an actor with Race 3 but also as a producer, thanks to the multi-starrer Veere Di Wedding which had also featured his daughter and actor Sonam Kapoor in a pivotal role. Both Race 3, as well as Veere Di Wedding, have proved to be major box office successes.

As far as future projects are concerned, Anil has his plate full. The actor will next be seen in Fanne Khan, where he will be sharing the screen space with Aishwarya RaiBachchan after a gap of 19 years. The actor will also feature in the movies Total Dhamaal and Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cate Blanchett named first global ambassador of Giorgio Armani Beauty

Cate Blanchett  has been named as  Giorgio Armani Beauty’s  first global ambassador. The Australian actress has worked with the Italian brand since 2013, when she was selected to front its Si fragrance line. However, her role has now been expanded, and she will now represent every single one of  Armani’s beauty categories, including skincare and make-up. And according to the label’s namesake designer,  Giorgio Armani , the Oscar winner is the perfect woman to take on the additional responsibilities. “Luminous and sophisticated, her natural elegance and distinguished beauty are striking,” the 83-year-old declared in a statement. “I am pleased to deepen our longstanding relationship.” Cate  has enjoyed a lengthy professional relationship with the brand, and as well as advertising its iconic perfume, she has worn gowns by Armani to numerous high-profile events, including several Academy Award ceremonies. The 49-year-old previously confessed tha...

Emma Thompson: I was always paid less than my male counterparts

Emma Thompson says she was always paid less than her male colleagues. The 59-year-old actor-writer said women are still treated as “second-class citizens”. She also advocated to publish salaries to reveal the gender pay gap. “I was always paid less than my male counterparts. Publishing figures is the first step. “It’s a forensic way of looking at how women are second-class citizens, and I appreciate that because it’s not emotional. This is the fact: this person does the same work for less money, and that’s just wrong,” Thompson told Good Housekeeping magazine. Play Video 42s Hamleys unveil Harry Potter-themed floor Hamleys toy shop on Regent Street in London unveils a new Harry Potter floor showcasing toys inspired by JK Rowling's books and films. The Oscar-winning star urged women to be financially independent. “Earn your own living and keep your own money. It’s your cash and you should always decide what to do with it,” she said. Emma Tho...

Dhadak review: There is no ‘dhak dhak’ in this Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter starrer

Dhadak movie cast:  Ishaan Khatter, Janhvi Kapoor, Ashutosh Rana, Kharaj Mukherjee, Aditya Kumar Dhadak movie director:  Shashank Khaitan Dhadak movie rating:  One and a half stars Remaking Sairat for mainstream Bollywood was always going to be a tough ask. The edges of that searing 2016 tale of love-in-the-time-of-caste were necessarily going to have to be blunted and softened, because too much ‘realism’ is hard for us to handle. There isn’t a filmmaker working in India who can match Sairat director Nagraj Manjule’s appetite for recreating raw slap-in-the-face directness for the screen: the only one who can match him is Sanal Sashidharan, and neither of them work, for obvious reasons, in Bollywood, where dirt needs to be proffered up in pretty ribbons. What I was expecting from this  Karan Johar  production, I got– a polish-up-the-muck aesthetic to make it palatable for mainstream audiences. What I didn’t get, was feeling. That sense of playfulness ...