Skip to main content

Happy Father’s Day: Vivek Dahiya, Sharad Malhotra, Shantanu Maheshwari and Rubina Dilaik talk about their dads

Our television stars have hectic shooting schedules but today, on Father’s Day, they decided to talk about their dads, whom they consider nothing less than superheroes. From getting life lessons from them to head massages and being a confidante, these TV stars have some heartfelt memories to share.
Sharad Malhotra
Ssharad Malhotraa
More than just being a father, he is my confidante, buddy, my partner in crime and someone I could pour my heart out to as and when required. I remember as a kid, he always used to get something while returning from work, it could be a toy, a candy bar or something that invariably brought a smile to my face. He has always been there in the best and worst times and has always taken me through it.
Ashka Goradia
Aashka Goradia
For every daughter, her father is her first hero and always will be, because the only man we want in our lives is a reflection of the one who raised us. My dad is the one, who made me believe in love and I will always be thankful for that.
Vivek Dahiya
Vivek Dahiya
After pursuing my masters in the UK, I managed to get a stable job but somewhere I knew it wasn’t meant for me. All I had to do was call my dad and share my doubts for I knew he would support me wholeheartedly. He is a lawyer and a man of principle, who has taught me and my sister to be honest about what may come. I think that’s the biggest life lesson I got from him.
Rubina Dilaik
Rubina Dilaik
This year, I haven’t made any plans in particular for Father’s Day since my daddy is really busy with my wedding preparations. I remember when my sister and I were just kids, he used to give us a nice ‘head chumpi’ on the weekends, post which we would sit in the sun and then take a bath. He’s taken really good care of us for which we won’t be able to thank him enough. My father is also the one who taught us the importance of respect. He always said that you give respect to everyone irrespective of their social status, religion etc. and at the same time ensure you have it for yourself. This is something I try living by every day.
Shantanu Maheshwari
Shantanu Maheshwari
Even though my father faced a lot of ups and downs in his life, he never let me or my brother know anything about it, in case we get affected. He is a superhero, who believes in being positive and I think I have got the trait from him.
Faisal Khan
Faisal Khan
My father has stood by me like a rock from the time I started off my career in this field and through all the ups and downs I have faced. He has supported me throughout and he is my true inspiration.
Happy Father’s Day to all daddies out there!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cate Blanchett named first global ambassador of Giorgio Armani Beauty

Cate Blanchett  has been named as  Giorgio Armani Beauty’s  first global ambassador. The Australian actress has worked with the Italian brand since 2013, when she was selected to front its Si fragrance line. However, her role has now been expanded, and she will now represent every single one of  Armani’s beauty categories, including skincare and make-up. And according to the label’s namesake designer,  Giorgio Armani , the Oscar winner is the perfect woman to take on the additional responsibilities. “Luminous and sophisticated, her natural elegance and distinguished beauty are striking,” the 83-year-old declared in a statement. “I am pleased to deepen our longstanding relationship.” Cate  has enjoyed a lengthy professional relationship with the brand, and as well as advertising its iconic perfume, she has worn gowns by Armani to numerous high-profile events, including several Academy Award ceremonies. The 49-year-old previously confessed tha...

Emma Thompson: I was always paid less than my male counterparts

Emma Thompson says she was always paid less than her male colleagues. The 59-year-old actor-writer said women are still treated as “second-class citizens”. She also advocated to publish salaries to reveal the gender pay gap. “I was always paid less than my male counterparts. Publishing figures is the first step. “It’s a forensic way of looking at how women are second-class citizens, and I appreciate that because it’s not emotional. This is the fact: this person does the same work for less money, and that’s just wrong,” Thompson told Good Housekeeping magazine. Play Video 42s Hamleys unveil Harry Potter-themed floor Hamleys toy shop on Regent Street in London unveils a new Harry Potter floor showcasing toys inspired by JK Rowling's books and films. The Oscar-winning star urged women to be financially independent. “Earn your own living and keep your own money. It’s your cash and you should always decide what to do with it,” she said. Emma Tho...

Dhadak review: There is no ‘dhak dhak’ in this Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter starrer

Dhadak movie cast:  Ishaan Khatter, Janhvi Kapoor, Ashutosh Rana, Kharaj Mukherjee, Aditya Kumar Dhadak movie director:  Shashank Khaitan Dhadak movie rating:  One and a half stars Remaking Sairat for mainstream Bollywood was always going to be a tough ask. The edges of that searing 2016 tale of love-in-the-time-of-caste were necessarily going to have to be blunted and softened, because too much ‘realism’ is hard for us to handle. There isn’t a filmmaker working in India who can match Sairat director Nagraj Manjule’s appetite for recreating raw slap-in-the-face directness for the screen: the only one who can match him is Sanal Sashidharan, and neither of them work, for obvious reasons, in Bollywood, where dirt needs to be proffered up in pretty ribbons. What I was expecting from this  Karan Johar  production, I got– a polish-up-the-muck aesthetic to make it palatable for mainstream audiences. What I didn’t get, was feeling. That sense of playfulness ...