Skip to main content

Naagin 3: What Anita Hassanandani, Karishma Tanna, Surbhi Jyoti have said about the Ekta Kapoor show

naagin 3 will be aired tonight
The supernatural drama Naagin based on the lives of shape-shifting snakes is returning on television tonight. The third season of the show promises an interesting script and the new star cast including Anita Hassanandani, Karishma Tanna, Surbhi Jyoti, Rajat Tokas, Pearl V Puri and Rakshanda Khan among others have intrigued the audience. Ekta Kapoor, who according to Anita knows the pulse of the television audience, has been promoting Naagin 3 extensively. The previous two seasons of the show had Mouni Roy playing the lead. The show made a connect with the audience and remained at the top of the TRP charts during its runtime.
The third season of the revenge drama will be high on twists and turns. Anita Hassanandani, who essays a grey character, Vishaka Khanna in the show tweeted a while ago and wrote, “I wasn’t this nervous for my wedding. #Naagin3 #Chiils #Butterflies #2ndJune on @ColorsTV.” She also expressed her excitement about it as she sat down for a chat with indianexpress.com. She said, “I am very excited about this show, and when I got the offer, I instantly said yes. This has been such a successful series and the character too is so different from what I have done, that I had all the reasons to say yes.”
Karishma Tanna who is replacing Mouni in the show, thanked Ekta for trusting her as she tweeted, “A heartfelt thank you to Ekta for bestowing trust in me to step into the big shoes of Mouni for Naagin, she’s left a mark and her fans including me can’t think of replacing her. It’s a new season and I hope I can do the same justice that she did to the show. Thank you so much Mouni for the words of encouragement, estatic about starting this new journey with the mammoth brand , love always KT.” Talking about her role in Naagin 3 to IANS, Karishma said, “I will play an ‘Ichchadhari Naagin’ who is a shape-shifter. She has come for revenge. I have hardly had any scenes with the other ‘naagin’ Anita (Hassanandani).”
The third actor of the show Surbhi Jyoti also divulged details about her character in Naagin 3 during an interview with indianexpress.com. She said, “I play Bela, who is a farmer’s daughter and she makes a lot of sacrifices to pay off her dad’s debts. It’s a beautiful role with some really interesting shades.” When asked to comment on the buzz that she won’t be playing a naagin in the show, she joked, “You never know, I might turn into a naagin, or I am a naagin in disguise, I am not saying anything.”
Rakshanda Khan, who is a regular face in Balaji shows, shared with us details about her role and the script of the show. “I play Sumitra Sehgal, who is married to Adi (Chetan Hansraj). They have three kids and are a happy family till the Naagin enters their life. The entire mystery is around why she enters the household and what does she want from the family. My character is completely positive. She is very strong, morally upright and dignified woman, in love with her family,” said Khan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cate Blanchett named first global ambassador of Giorgio Armani Beauty

Cate Blanchett  has been named as  Giorgio Armani Beauty’s  first global ambassador. The Australian actress has worked with the Italian brand since 2013, when she was selected to front its Si fragrance line. However, her role has now been expanded, and she will now represent every single one of  Armani’s beauty categories, including skincare and make-up. And according to the label’s namesake designer,  Giorgio Armani , the Oscar winner is the perfect woman to take on the additional responsibilities. “Luminous and sophisticated, her natural elegance and distinguished beauty are striking,” the 83-year-old declared in a statement. “I am pleased to deepen our longstanding relationship.” Cate  has enjoyed a lengthy professional relationship with the brand, and as well as advertising its iconic perfume, she has worn gowns by Armani to numerous high-profile events, including several Academy Award ceremonies. The 49-year-old previously confessed tha...

Emma Thompson: I was always paid less than my male counterparts

Emma Thompson says she was always paid less than her male colleagues. The 59-year-old actor-writer said women are still treated as “second-class citizens”. She also advocated to publish salaries to reveal the gender pay gap. “I was always paid less than my male counterparts. Publishing figures is the first step. “It’s a forensic way of looking at how women are second-class citizens, and I appreciate that because it’s not emotional. This is the fact: this person does the same work for less money, and that’s just wrong,” Thompson told Good Housekeeping magazine. Play Video 42s Hamleys unveil Harry Potter-themed floor Hamleys toy shop on Regent Street in London unveils a new Harry Potter floor showcasing toys inspired by JK Rowling's books and films. The Oscar-winning star urged women to be financially independent. “Earn your own living and keep your own money. It’s your cash and you should always decide what to do with it,” she said. Emma Tho...

Dhadak review: There is no ‘dhak dhak’ in this Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter starrer

Dhadak movie cast:  Ishaan Khatter, Janhvi Kapoor, Ashutosh Rana, Kharaj Mukherjee, Aditya Kumar Dhadak movie director:  Shashank Khaitan Dhadak movie rating:  One and a half stars Remaking Sairat for mainstream Bollywood was always going to be a tough ask. The edges of that searing 2016 tale of love-in-the-time-of-caste were necessarily going to have to be blunted and softened, because too much ‘realism’ is hard for us to handle. There isn’t a filmmaker working in India who can match Sairat director Nagraj Manjule’s appetite for recreating raw slap-in-the-face directness for the screen: the only one who can match him is Sanal Sashidharan, and neither of them work, for obvious reasons, in Bollywood, where dirt needs to be proffered up in pretty ribbons. What I was expecting from this  Karan Johar  production, I got– a polish-up-the-muck aesthetic to make it palatable for mainstream audiences. What I didn’t get, was feeling. That sense of playfulness ...