Skip to main content

Shilpa Shetty on International Yoga Day: There was a time when Yoga was associated with old people

shilpa shetty on international yoga day
Be it her workouts or diet, Shilpa Shetty maintains a holistic lifestyle and Yoga has a big part to play in the same. Shilpa has been quite vocal about the benefits of Yoga and has even released a few DVDs on Yoga. After all, she has been practicing it for 15 years now. The 43-year-old actor spoke to DNA on International Yoga Day and discussed the importance of Yoga.
“Yoga, according to me, is a science and an art that is performed by the body, but it actually sates our soul. That is the reason I have taken it up so seriously. I want to be connected with my soul,” shares Shilpa. The actor also says that Yoga plays an important role in maintaining one’s mental health and she wishes more people would take it up as a regular practice.
Shilpa discusses that over the years the popularity of this ancient form has increased. She says, “I remember there was a time when it was associated with old people. But then it became rampant in the West and I suddenly saw this surge take over internationally and in India. I see a number of yoga studios coming up and the exercise being performed by younger people.” Shilpa credits PM Narendra Modi for creating more awareness about Yoga by announcing the International Yoga Day.
Shilpa even offers advice to people who want to start practicing Yoga. She shares, “Ideally, one should do 45 minutes to one hour of yoga practice. It’s more like action and reaction. But if you don’t have that much time, I would urge people to start off with breathing. That is one thing that will help lower your blood pressure and many heart-related problems. It can also help you with diabetes.”
Shilpa Shetty is known for her ageless looks and one can say that Yoga can surely be credited for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cate Blanchett named first global ambassador of Giorgio Armani Beauty

Cate Blanchett  has been named as  Giorgio Armani Beauty’s  first global ambassador. The Australian actress has worked with the Italian brand since 2013, when she was selected to front its Si fragrance line. However, her role has now been expanded, and she will now represent every single one of  Armani’s beauty categories, including skincare and make-up. And according to the label’s namesake designer,  Giorgio Armani , the Oscar winner is the perfect woman to take on the additional responsibilities. “Luminous and sophisticated, her natural elegance and distinguished beauty are striking,” the 83-year-old declared in a statement. “I am pleased to deepen our longstanding relationship.” Cate  has enjoyed a lengthy professional relationship with the brand, and as well as advertising its iconic perfume, she has worn gowns by Armani to numerous high-profile events, including several Academy Award ceremonies. The 49-year-old previously confessed tha...

Emma Thompson: I was always paid less than my male counterparts

Emma Thompson says she was always paid less than her male colleagues. The 59-year-old actor-writer said women are still treated as “second-class citizens”. She also advocated to publish salaries to reveal the gender pay gap. “I was always paid less than my male counterparts. Publishing figures is the first step. “It’s a forensic way of looking at how women are second-class citizens, and I appreciate that because it’s not emotional. This is the fact: this person does the same work for less money, and that’s just wrong,” Thompson told Good Housekeeping magazine. Play Video 42s Hamleys unveil Harry Potter-themed floor Hamleys toy shop on Regent Street in London unveils a new Harry Potter floor showcasing toys inspired by JK Rowling's books and films. The Oscar-winning star urged women to be financially independent. “Earn your own living and keep your own money. It’s your cash and you should always decide what to do with it,” she said. Emma Tho...

Dhadak review: There is no ‘dhak dhak’ in this Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter starrer

Dhadak movie cast:  Ishaan Khatter, Janhvi Kapoor, Ashutosh Rana, Kharaj Mukherjee, Aditya Kumar Dhadak movie director:  Shashank Khaitan Dhadak movie rating:  One and a half stars Remaking Sairat for mainstream Bollywood was always going to be a tough ask. The edges of that searing 2016 tale of love-in-the-time-of-caste were necessarily going to have to be blunted and softened, because too much ‘realism’ is hard for us to handle. There isn’t a filmmaker working in India who can match Sairat director Nagraj Manjule’s appetite for recreating raw slap-in-the-face directness for the screen: the only one who can match him is Sanal Sashidharan, and neither of them work, for obvious reasons, in Bollywood, where dirt needs to be proffered up in pretty ribbons. What I was expecting from this  Karan Johar  production, I got– a polish-up-the-muck aesthetic to make it palatable for mainstream audiences. What I didn’t get, was feeling. That sense of playfulness ...