Skip to main content

Deepika Padukone on getting immortalised at Madame Tussauds: I feel a lot of gratitude

deepika padukone photos
Bollywood star Deepika Padukone, who will soon be immortalised in wax at the Madame Tussauds museum, recently talked about the same during a Facebook live session.
“It’s an amazing feeling, to be honest. It’s fun and exciting. And in a way, I think I feel a lot of gratitude as well when you give back to your fans…,” the actor said when asked about how she feels about getting her own wax figure at such an iconic museum.
The wax figure of Deepika Padukone will be unveiled early next year. The figure will be revealed first in London, where the actor will be standing in the august company of actors like Helen Mirren in the museum. The wax figure at Madame Tussauds Delhi will be put in place only after the London statue is disclosed to the world.
During the Facebook live, Deepika also spoke about how she had felt when she had first stood in a queue to buy a ticket for the museum situated in London.
“The feeling of meeting someone that you may never meet in your life…the entire journey is something I will never forget. The only thing that can top that experience now is when we go back to the museum next year with my figure.”
On being asked what her wax figure will be wearing, the actor said, “I think it will be something that represents India, because those are my roots, that’s my culture, that’s where I come from, but at the same time something that’s relatable to a global audience.”
deepika wax figureDeepika Padukone said she feels excited about getting her own wax figure at the iconic Madame Tussaudsdeepika padukone picsDeepika Padukone is all set to get her first wax figure at Madame Tussauds
Towards the end of the session, Deepika also revealed that Shoojit Sircar’s Piku is the film she has enjoyed working on most, whilst maintaining that every movie brings with itself a different feeling, a different experience.
On the work front, the Padmaavat star will, reportedly, be seen making a special appearance in Shah Rukh Khan starrer Zero.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cate Blanchett named first global ambassador of Giorgio Armani Beauty

Cate Blanchett  has been named as  Giorgio Armani Beauty’s  first global ambassador. The Australian actress has worked with the Italian brand since 2013, when she was selected to front its Si fragrance line. However, her role has now been expanded, and she will now represent every single one of  Armani’s beauty categories, including skincare and make-up. And according to the label’s namesake designer,  Giorgio Armani , the Oscar winner is the perfect woman to take on the additional responsibilities. “Luminous and sophisticated, her natural elegance and distinguished beauty are striking,” the 83-year-old declared in a statement. “I am pleased to deepen our longstanding relationship.” Cate  has enjoyed a lengthy professional relationship with the brand, and as well as advertising its iconic perfume, she has worn gowns by Armani to numerous high-profile events, including several Academy Award ceremonies. The 49-year-old previously confessed tha...

Emma Thompson: I was always paid less than my male counterparts

Emma Thompson says she was always paid less than her male colleagues. The 59-year-old actor-writer said women are still treated as “second-class citizens”. She also advocated to publish salaries to reveal the gender pay gap. “I was always paid less than my male counterparts. Publishing figures is the first step. “It’s a forensic way of looking at how women are second-class citizens, and I appreciate that because it’s not emotional. This is the fact: this person does the same work for less money, and that’s just wrong,” Thompson told Good Housekeeping magazine. Play Video 42s Hamleys unveil Harry Potter-themed floor Hamleys toy shop on Regent Street in London unveils a new Harry Potter floor showcasing toys inspired by JK Rowling's books and films. The Oscar-winning star urged women to be financially independent. “Earn your own living and keep your own money. It’s your cash and you should always decide what to do with it,” she said. Emma Tho...

Dhadak review: There is no ‘dhak dhak’ in this Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter starrer

Dhadak movie cast:  Ishaan Khatter, Janhvi Kapoor, Ashutosh Rana, Kharaj Mukherjee, Aditya Kumar Dhadak movie director:  Shashank Khaitan Dhadak movie rating:  One and a half stars Remaking Sairat for mainstream Bollywood was always going to be a tough ask. The edges of that searing 2016 tale of love-in-the-time-of-caste were necessarily going to have to be blunted and softened, because too much ‘realism’ is hard for us to handle. There isn’t a filmmaker working in India who can match Sairat director Nagraj Manjule’s appetite for recreating raw slap-in-the-face directness for the screen: the only one who can match him is Sanal Sashidharan, and neither of them work, for obvious reasons, in Bollywood, where dirt needs to be proffered up in pretty ribbons. What I was expecting from this  Karan Johar  production, I got– a polish-up-the-muck aesthetic to make it palatable for mainstream audiences. What I didn’t get, was feeling. That sense of playfulness ...