Skip to main content

Janhvi Kapoor would love to play Meena Kumari or Madhubala

dhadak actors
Janhvi Kapoor, who is all set to make her Bollywood debut with Shashank Khaitan’s Dhadak, on Friday said she would love to play veteran actors Meena Kumari or Madhubala if the opportunity comes.
“I read about her (Meena Kumari) life once. Or Madhubala, as I think their stories are riveting.
“I am a huge fan of their work and have always tried to pick up from their work. So if I get an opportunity (to play them), I would be very happy,” Janhvi told reporters on the sidelines of her film promotion.
Janhvi’s co-star Ishaan Khatter, acting in his second film, kept his options open about doing a biopic in future.
“I don’t think I can decide that myself. If the director sees a potential in me, I will be happy to do any part unless I feel I look completely different from the character in question.”
Dhadak is an official adaptation of Marathi blockbuster film Sairat.
Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khattar in DhadakJanhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter in a still from Dhadak.
Asked if both budding actors felt pressurised by the challenge of matching up to Sairat, Janhvi said: “I watched Sairat before even shooting for this film and I loved it.
“During the shoot, we did not think about the film, we were more into our film. We tried to tell the same story from a different perspective. Our setting is different and both characters are vastly different. So we take the pressure as responsibility as we want to give Sairat the respect it deserves.”
Ishaan, whose debut film was Beyond The Clouds by Majid Majidi, added that they were always ready to accept the challenge of re-making Sairat.
“We were happy to take up the challenge. We knew there would be comparisons. But we never took it in a negative manner. It was more important to us that we tell the story in our own way. This is a story that deserves to be told to our country. That was the main focus,” the 22-year-old added.
Dhadak is a romantic drama directed by Shashank of Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya and Badrinath Ki Dulhaniya fame. It is based on the 2016 Marathi language film Sairat. It is scheduled to be released on July 20.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cate Blanchett named first global ambassador of Giorgio Armani Beauty

Cate Blanchett  has been named as  Giorgio Armani Beauty’s  first global ambassador. The Australian actress has worked with the Italian brand since 2013, when she was selected to front its Si fragrance line. However, her role has now been expanded, and she will now represent every single one of  Armani’s beauty categories, including skincare and make-up. And according to the label’s namesake designer,  Giorgio Armani , the Oscar winner is the perfect woman to take on the additional responsibilities. “Luminous and sophisticated, her natural elegance and distinguished beauty are striking,” the 83-year-old declared in a statement. “I am pleased to deepen our longstanding relationship.” Cate  has enjoyed a lengthy professional relationship with the brand, and as well as advertising its iconic perfume, she has worn gowns by Armani to numerous high-profile events, including several Academy Award ceremonies. The 49-year-old previously confessed tha...

Emma Thompson: I was always paid less than my male counterparts

Emma Thompson says she was always paid less than her male colleagues. The 59-year-old actor-writer said women are still treated as “second-class citizens”. She also advocated to publish salaries to reveal the gender pay gap. “I was always paid less than my male counterparts. Publishing figures is the first step. “It’s a forensic way of looking at how women are second-class citizens, and I appreciate that because it’s not emotional. This is the fact: this person does the same work for less money, and that’s just wrong,” Thompson told Good Housekeeping magazine. Play Video 42s Hamleys unveil Harry Potter-themed floor Hamleys toy shop on Regent Street in London unveils a new Harry Potter floor showcasing toys inspired by JK Rowling's books and films. The Oscar-winning star urged women to be financially independent. “Earn your own living and keep your own money. It’s your cash and you should always decide what to do with it,” she said. Emma Tho...

Dhadak review: There is no ‘dhak dhak’ in this Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter starrer

Dhadak movie cast:  Ishaan Khatter, Janhvi Kapoor, Ashutosh Rana, Kharaj Mukherjee, Aditya Kumar Dhadak movie director:  Shashank Khaitan Dhadak movie rating:  One and a half stars Remaking Sairat for mainstream Bollywood was always going to be a tough ask. The edges of that searing 2016 tale of love-in-the-time-of-caste were necessarily going to have to be blunted and softened, because too much ‘realism’ is hard for us to handle. There isn’t a filmmaker working in India who can match Sairat director Nagraj Manjule’s appetite for recreating raw slap-in-the-face directness for the screen: the only one who can match him is Sanal Sashidharan, and neither of them work, for obvious reasons, in Bollywood, where dirt needs to be proffered up in pretty ribbons. What I was expecting from this  Karan Johar  production, I got– a polish-up-the-muck aesthetic to make it palatable for mainstream audiences. What I didn’t get, was feeling. That sense of playfulness ...