Skip to main content
wenn_MayaHawke_090418-1800x1200
Budding actress Maya, the 20-year-old daughter of Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman, made her acting debut in 2017 mini-series Little Women, and will also appear in series three of Stranger Things, which hits Netflix in 2019.

For her new fashion gig, Maya was shot by Gia Coppola and posed fully clothed in a swimming pool.
“I love Zac’s clothing because the dresses don’t aspire to be ‘cool’ and they don’t try to overshadow or manufacture the personality of the women who wear them,” the brunette star told Vogue Runway.

“They aspire to be beautiful and to highlight and frame one’s natural graces. There is something romantic and nostalgic about the shapes he chooses. The dresses are era-less yet original.”

Zac, who took his new muse to her first CFDA Awards and her first Vanity Fair Oscars party, has swapped runway shows for film and images over the past few seasons.

“These images feel like something lasting versus having a runway,” he explained. “I love runway shows, but I could potentially put these in a book in the future.”

Palo Alto director Gia, who got her first big break when Zac hired her to make the video promo for his Target collection in 2010, also praised Maya for her charisma.

“She’s a natural born star,” she smiled. “She tapped into exactly what I was looking for without having to express it. She delivered so much – I really attribute the photos to how much she brought to the table. I’m really excited for her.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cate Blanchett named first global ambassador of Giorgio Armani Beauty

Cate Blanchett  has been named as  Giorgio Armani Beauty’s  first global ambassador. The Australian actress has worked with the Italian brand since 2013, when she was selected to front its Si fragrance line. However, her role has now been expanded, and she will now represent every single one of  Armani’s beauty categories, including skincare and make-up. And according to the label’s namesake designer,  Giorgio Armani , the Oscar winner is the perfect woman to take on the additional responsibilities. “Luminous and sophisticated, her natural elegance and distinguished beauty are striking,” the 83-year-old declared in a statement. “I am pleased to deepen our longstanding relationship.” Cate  has enjoyed a lengthy professional relationship with the brand, and as well as advertising its iconic perfume, she has worn gowns by Armani to numerous high-profile events, including several Academy Award ceremonies. The 49-year-old previously confessed tha...

Emma Thompson: I was always paid less than my male counterparts

Emma Thompson says she was always paid less than her male colleagues. The 59-year-old actor-writer said women are still treated as “second-class citizens”. She also advocated to publish salaries to reveal the gender pay gap. “I was always paid less than my male counterparts. Publishing figures is the first step. “It’s a forensic way of looking at how women are second-class citizens, and I appreciate that because it’s not emotional. This is the fact: this person does the same work for less money, and that’s just wrong,” Thompson told Good Housekeeping magazine. Play Video 42s Hamleys unveil Harry Potter-themed floor Hamleys toy shop on Regent Street in London unveils a new Harry Potter floor showcasing toys inspired by JK Rowling's books and films. The Oscar-winning star urged women to be financially independent. “Earn your own living and keep your own money. It’s your cash and you should always decide what to do with it,” she said. Emma Tho...

Dhadak review: There is no ‘dhak dhak’ in this Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter starrer

Dhadak movie cast:  Ishaan Khatter, Janhvi Kapoor, Ashutosh Rana, Kharaj Mukherjee, Aditya Kumar Dhadak movie director:  Shashank Khaitan Dhadak movie rating:  One and a half stars Remaking Sairat for mainstream Bollywood was always going to be a tough ask. The edges of that searing 2016 tale of love-in-the-time-of-caste were necessarily going to have to be blunted and softened, because too much ‘realism’ is hard for us to handle. There isn’t a filmmaker working in India who can match Sairat director Nagraj Manjule’s appetite for recreating raw slap-in-the-face directness for the screen: the only one who can match him is Sanal Sashidharan, and neither of them work, for obvious reasons, in Bollywood, where dirt needs to be proffered up in pretty ribbons. What I was expecting from this  Karan Johar  production, I got– a polish-up-the-muck aesthetic to make it palatable for mainstream audiences. What I didn’t get, was feeling. That sense of playfulness ...