Skip to main content

KBC Play Along on Sony LIV fails to deliver on its promise

KBC 10 Play Along on Sony Liv experience
Kaun Banega Crorepati is back with its tenth season. This year, the makers have added the KBC Play Along feature on Sony LIV app, which allows users to play KBC along with the contestant on the hot seat. So, naturally like many out there, me and my family downloaded the Sony LIV app on our phones.
We logged in through our Facebook profiles. Remember, you have to log in before the show starts, or else a ‘LOADING’ screen is all you’ll get.
Soon, the app showed Amitabh Bachchan on our screen. Don’t get too excited as it is a poster intended to make your wait a bit easy. As soon as the show started, we were excited. We sat with our mobiles in our hand as Amitabh Bachchan introduced the contestant who will sit on the hot seat. Soon, Big B asked the first question.
KBC 10 Play Along on Sony Liv experience
I knew the answer and I clicked on the correct option. The screen said, “Stay tuned to the show to know the right answer.” So, I waited.
On TV, the host had already announced the answer. I was right. But unfortunately, my mobile screen did not change. I still waited patiently.
KBC 10 Play Along on Sony Liv experience
Meanwhile, the second question was asked, but nothing changed on my app. I missed the second question.
Slowly my patience began to wane. The app was still the same. I tried choosing different options. No luck. Finally, irritated by the endless wait, I logged out of the app.
This was not just my experience. My parents too had a similar experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cate Blanchett named first global ambassador of Giorgio Armani Beauty

Cate Blanchett  has been named as  Giorgio Armani Beauty’s  first global ambassador. The Australian actress has worked with the Italian brand since 2013, when she was selected to front its Si fragrance line. However, her role has now been expanded, and she will now represent every single one of  Armani’s beauty categories, including skincare and make-up. And according to the label’s namesake designer,  Giorgio Armani , the Oscar winner is the perfect woman to take on the additional responsibilities. “Luminous and sophisticated, her natural elegance and distinguished beauty are striking,” the 83-year-old declared in a statement. “I am pleased to deepen our longstanding relationship.” Cate  has enjoyed a lengthy professional relationship with the brand, and as well as advertising its iconic perfume, she has worn gowns by Armani to numerous high-profile events, including several Academy Award ceremonies. The 49-year-old previously confessed tha...

Emma Thompson: I was always paid less than my male counterparts

Emma Thompson says she was always paid less than her male colleagues. The 59-year-old actor-writer said women are still treated as “second-class citizens”. She also advocated to publish salaries to reveal the gender pay gap. “I was always paid less than my male counterparts. Publishing figures is the first step. “It’s a forensic way of looking at how women are second-class citizens, and I appreciate that because it’s not emotional. This is the fact: this person does the same work for less money, and that’s just wrong,” Thompson told Good Housekeeping magazine. Play Video 42s Hamleys unveil Harry Potter-themed floor Hamleys toy shop on Regent Street in London unveils a new Harry Potter floor showcasing toys inspired by JK Rowling's books and films. The Oscar-winning star urged women to be financially independent. “Earn your own living and keep your own money. It’s your cash and you should always decide what to do with it,” she said. Emma Tho...

Dhadak review: There is no ‘dhak dhak’ in this Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter starrer

Dhadak movie cast:  Ishaan Khatter, Janhvi Kapoor, Ashutosh Rana, Kharaj Mukherjee, Aditya Kumar Dhadak movie director:  Shashank Khaitan Dhadak movie rating:  One and a half stars Remaking Sairat for mainstream Bollywood was always going to be a tough ask. The edges of that searing 2016 tale of love-in-the-time-of-caste were necessarily going to have to be blunted and softened, because too much ‘realism’ is hard for us to handle. There isn’t a filmmaker working in India who can match Sairat director Nagraj Manjule’s appetite for recreating raw slap-in-the-face directness for the screen: the only one who can match him is Sanal Sashidharan, and neither of them work, for obvious reasons, in Bollywood, where dirt needs to be proffered up in pretty ribbons. What I was expecting from this  Karan Johar  production, I got– a polish-up-the-muck aesthetic to make it palatable for mainstream audiences. What I didn’t get, was feeling. That sense of playfulness ...